In 1958, Angelo G. Pizzagalli and two of his sons, Angelo and Remo, founded Pizzagalli Pre-Cast Stone to handle masonry construction and manufacture cut stone. Since the beginning, the Pizzagalli family infused its company with strong core values.
The company quickly expanded into residential and remodeling projects, necessitating a name change to Pizzagalli Construction Company in 1960. Upon the death of Angelo G., the masonry operation was phased out and focus shifted to commercial, industrial, and institutional building projects.
With Angelo and Remo at the helm and younger brother Jim joining the team, the company grew by leaps and bounds over the next few years. They attracted expert construction professionals with diverse backgrounds and formed a team that would become Vermont’s largest construction company by 1964. As the company expanded, so did its reach – projects spread across the United States and into the Caribbean. Since the mid-1980s, the company has been consistently ranked among the top 200 largest construction firms in the Nation by Engineering News-Record.
In 1998, Angelo, Jim, and Remo Pizzagalli formally transitioned leadership responsibilities to the company's senior officials and gradually began divesting their ownership in the company to allow it to become 100% employee owned in 2009. Two years later, the company name was changed to PC Construction Company – a natural progression reflecting the shift from a small, family business started in 1958 to a thriving company now fully owned by the employees. [READ MORE]
PC Construction's success over the past 50 years is due to its employees' dedication to excellent work, customer service that exceeds expectations, and a safety program that has led to millions of zero-accident hours. Honesty and open communication have empowered PC Construction's workforce since day one, and it shows in our work.